Monday 10 May 2010

Concept art insperation - the incredibles

Whilst sitting in the baseroom after Uni hours, ive picked up a book which has secured some confidence in the path I have decided to pursue with my animation.

The book "the art of the incredibles" talks about the Disney/Pixar film "The Incredibles" and shows the vast amounts of concept art behind it.



Here you can see the ways in which the characters for the film The Incredibles were designed, drawn by hand and in photoshop until satisfied with the result. Numerous facial expressions and character positions have been implicated to show a strong understanding of how the character will act on screen.

In knowing most of my peers are doing highly detailed "photorealistic" work, I hit a wall of intimidation when going to do this project. From the start I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this; I could see how a microscopic world could be turned into something entertaining and amusing through a more cartoonist approach for the audiences pleasure. I continue to take this stand with this project, as id like to see my imagination come to life and if it possibly can do to the audience what I think it has potential to.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment