I still dont have a working copy of Maya at home so between lecture and seminar I quickly took up a spot in one of the Computer rooms. I wasnt the only one to do so, it seems like many are Maya-less at the moment.
I have decided to take screen shots to show my working to help for future referencing and to show I was adhering to the given instructions.
- Creating the split of the polygon:
- Extruding selected faces of the polygon.
- Pressing 3 on the keyboard to preview the polygon in its snazzy form as the dice.
- Taking faces to create net for texture modeling and texture modeling in Photoshop.
- Wrapping texture around polygon via a blinn-kin lot of effort on my behalf. ahaha.
- Adding "table" for dice to sit on, duplicating dice and setting the lighting. Nearly there!
- Its now ready to render. Just a bit of smoothing and nail biting to go. Refer to top image for final result. Not too bad for a first try at Maya methinks.